We welcome Interns to learn about the Jesuit Dallas Museum. Interns work closely with the Museum Director to organize and develop upcoming exhibitions at the Jesuit Dallas Museum. They develop skills in areas of arts administration, installation, and research, in addition to learning about the artists and artwork in the collection. Specific duties include facilitating loan agreements, completing condition reports, assisting in installation and de-installation of exhibitions, preparing for programming committee meetings, artist correspondence, and file management.
Collection / Exhibition Administration
- Work with the Director to organize and develop upcoming exhibitions.
- Research artists for the Collection, create, and write descriptions of artists in the Museum Collection for the Docent Museum Program.
- Study and learn the collection in order to conduct tours for visitors and students.
- Participate in monthly tours of the collection with teachers and students and assist in student workshops.
- Attend and assist with Docent monthly meetings.
- Walk the collection weekly to check condition, and signage.
- Assist with the Accreditation process for American Alliance of Museums and research and work on documents and prepare for the onsite visit by AAM.
- ArtQuest is the Jesuit Dallas Museum’s main fundraiser. Coordinate and work with volunteers for this event.
Review and work to develop and update the website; coordinate new graphic templates for marketing materials.
Contact Museum Director, Elizabeth Hunt Blanc to explain your interest and include a CV. email@example.com or 972-387-8700 ext. 383